Thanks for choosing our website! EU Welcome exists to provide help and support to migrants in the Southampton area from EU and other European countries.
“Our Philosophy at EU Welcome is to help our clients help themselves. We want to see EU migrants functioning as a well-integrated part of Southampton society.”
Here are just some of the things we help our clients do;
- Fill in forms
- Create CV’s
- Apply for jobs
- Enrol for training and language lessons.
- Find volunteer roles to broaden experience
- Deal with difficult landlords and employers
- Write official letters
- Understand rights regarding employment, benefits, housing etc.
- Use the NHS appropriately
- Access legal help
- Take decisions about the future: Stay in UK? Go back home? Apply for British citizenship?
- Ensure children are well integrated into the school system, and that parents understand their responsibilities
- Make contact with appropriate authorities; City Council, police etc.
- Get help and support from other local advice services such as: Southampton Advice and Representation Centre, Women’s Aid, No Limits, C.A.B. and other members of Southampton Advice Services Alliance.
We work flexibly and are generally contacted through telephone or internet but we also hold regular ‘drop in’ advice sessions throughout the city.
We are particularly keen to help people who have housing difficulties and who face possible homelessness, and we work closely with agencies that work with ‘street homeless’ people. We also support victims of domestic violence helping them to access available services.
We help people access employment that reflects their qualifications, training and passions.
We wish to ensure that all clients understand their rights in the UK, and can play their part to make Southampton an even better place in which to live and work.